In 2016, Revolver New York was tasked with revitalizing the legacy brand of Sant Ambroeus, a New York institution born in Milan.
In 1936, two pastry chefs joined forces to open a café just steps from Teatro La Scala, Milan’s legendary opera house. With this, Sant Ambroeus was born and soon grew to become the city’s unofficial dining room. In 1982, the first Manhattan location of Sant Ambroeus arrived on Madison Avenue, opening its doors to a new crop of locals and international visitors.
From refining their brand standards to executing collateral design and signage, Revolver New York has been instrumental in executing multiple projects for SA Hospitality Group including their Coffee Bar location at Sotheby’s, VIP Lounge at Frieze NY 2016 and their newest restaurant in Palm Beach. Our work has served to bring all stationery, collateral and experiential design elements into one cohesive family.
A few highlights of our work include a custom wallpaper designed for the Sant Ambroeus VIP Lounge at Frieze and custom signage for the brand’s signature gelato card outside Sant Ambroeus Palm Beach. For the former, we interpreted the design for a wrapping paper original to the first Milanese location into a textile scaled as a wall covering, and reinvigorated the design with new, branded color palette. For the latter, we produced a custom awning and engaged Brian Kaspr, a traditional sign painter, to execute an original design in sign paint and gold leaf for the gelato cart.
• Refine brand identity and style guide
• Concept, design, copy and production for the forthcoming Sant Ambroeus legacy book
• Design and production of food packaging, ranging from cookie tins to gelato pints
• Design of marketing materials, including service orientation decks
• Design and production of collateral materials for the global brand, including business cards and check presenters
• Design of collateral materials and signage for new restaurants and coffee bars.